- Remove the water from the Irrigation system water lines and retract the sprayer heads.
- Shut off outside water lines inside the house and ensure the exterior hose bibs are open and allowed to drain.
- Clean and repair gutters; ensure water is going into drains or away from the house.
- Clean chimneys and service wood burning appliances. A professional will ensure that the intake ventilation is clear and working properly.
- Service furnace or heat pump including ducting, don’t forget the filters
- Examine weather stripping on doors and windows and replace as required.
- Repair all window caulking with weather resistant products; pay special attention to replacement windows.
- Test the heating system, make sure it’s working.
- Add more insulation to your attic, today’s standard is one foot of insulation; insulation pays for itself in energy savings.
- Clean the dryer duct by removing the dryer back and vacuuming the duct.
- Wrap all pipes exposed to the weather such as piping in crawlspaces, I recommend foam wrapping.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Visually inspect the roof for broken shingles and other possible sources of water infiltration.
- Consider a programmable thermostat for further energy savings.
Clayton Morris is an accredited carpenter and former Victoria home builder. Clayton has been building and renovating homes since the 1980s and is now a licensed REALTOR® using his experience and expertise to assist you in buying and selling your home.
BUYING OR SELLING?
A BUILDER…turned DREAMS into DESIGNS
A REALTOR® turning HOPES into HOMES
Call Clayton Direct @ 250-686-9814