Purchasing a home is one of the biggest investments you will ever make, and you need to protect your interests. Here’s what you can expect when being represented by a Pemberton Holmes REALTOR® as a buyer:
- A full explanation of the details of your working relationship – including the benefits of expert advice, protection, and oversight from various governing bodies in the industry, such as the Real Estate Council of BC.
- Loyalty – your Pemberton Homes REALTOR® will put your interests first
- The avoidance of conflicts of interest – your Pemberton Holmes REALTOR® will actively avoid any situation that would affect their duty to act in your best interest
- Disclosure of relevant information – your Pemberton Holmes REALTOR® will provide you with all the facts they know that might affect your decisions
- Confidentiality – your Pemberton Holmes REALTOR® will not reveal your private information (such as your reasons for buying or your maximum budget) without your permission
Once you have decided what you are looking for in a home (this blog post might help you narrow it down), your Pemberton Holmes REALTOR® will put together a list of homes in your desired neighbourhood for you to look at. Since your REALTOR® is not emotionally attached to the home, he or she will be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another. Before putting in an offer, your REALTOR® will search out information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
When you are ready to make an offer, your Pemberton Holmes REALTOR® will assist you in creating a contract that balances attractiveness to the seller with protection for you, and will negotiate the terms of your purchase to your satisfaction.
Once your offer is accepted, your REALTOR® will advise you on what happens next with the legal process of obtaining title and taking possession of your property, including the fees you can expect to pay, who you will pay them to and when.
If you are thinking of purchasing a home anywhere on Vancouver Island, please email us or give us a call at 1-800-665-5303 and we will be happy to introduce you to a real estate professional in your preferred area.